- I finally have an iPhone trouble. After a software upgrade it won't boot back up. From looking at the Internets, this has happened to quite a few people. I'm going to try and get it working with the office computer this morning. Ugh.
- Since the current presidential administration is always blamed for economic woes, could the stock market trash have come at a worst time for the Republicans?
- There was a Barbara Walters special on ABC last night on the Queen's visit to America two years ago. I'm not sure if I would have been interested if I hadn't seen the film, The Queen, but man it was great.
- The best material that I can't publish comes from attorney-client initial meetings.
- Saw where the feds announced a big drug bust yesterday (175 people) and called it "Project Reckoning." I guess you have to give it a fancy name when the investigation took 15 months and, in the end, won't change a thing.
- The renovations to the Cotton Bowl look pretty good, but at a cost of $50 million it was kind of like putting lipstick on a pig . . . . Uh, oh.
- I really want to go to the Texas/OU game in a couple of weeks. Can anybody help a bruther out? Stubhub seems to think those tickets are worth quite a bit - which the obviously are.
- Very funny Hurricane Ike coverage here.
- If I had kids, I'd definitely rent this for a birthday party in order to teach them respect for the dead.
- I've gained about five pounds over the summer. Let the obsession to lose it begin.
- Isn't the price of a barrel of oil less than a $100 (down from the high of around $150) but gas prices are still around $3.70?
- I've never cared about the Ryder Cup competition.
- iPhone update as I jacked around with it while writing all of this. No luck. If I have to take it the Apple store in Southlake I'll shoot myself. And key a Hummer out of frustration.
at 6:50 AM