- The Friday before a three day weekend is, well, good. When something like this happens, I normally stop in the parking lot as I leave for the day and tell myself to "enjoy this moment."
- A Houston plaintiff's lawyer who embezzled $1.67 million from his clients did not get a slap on the wrist. PI lawyer sentence. In other sentencing news, a hot teacher also gets the beat down.
- Video of kid falling out of stand at a baseball game and landing on the warning track in such a way that I'm pretty sure the breath was knocked out of him.
- Baylor got the crap beaten out of them last night but I think the Bears have finally found a quarterback
- The "live blog" turned into a crazy free for all at the end. You know, that idea has potential if we could all figure out something that we'd all be willing to watch at the same time. Cowboy game? Oprah? NASA Channel?
- There have been at least four local DPS troopers who have quit to go into the oilfield security business.
- "David Duchovny, who plays a sex-obsessed character on Showtime's 'Californication,' has entered a rehabilitation facility for sex addiction." Braggart.
- Talked to a young Decatur mother yesterday who has to attend a pee wee football game tomorrow (a holiday weekend) at noon (in the heat) in Argyle (what a beating.)
- The Star Telegram actually used the phrase "drug deal gone bad" in a headline today.
- I'm looking at a Wise County traffic ticket docket right now and I see the following crimes that people have been charged with: "Brake Hose - Tube Damage", "Tire Less Than 2/32 of an Inch", and "Dangerous Dog".
- Michael Jackson is 50 today. Not sure how old Bubbles the Chimp is.
- John McCain is 72 today. He looks like he's ready to go off on everybody around him at any moment.
- The Democrats using Invesco Field last night was a great idea.
- I'm pretty sure I saw Jessica Alba, Jennifer Garner, and Rosario Dawson at the Democratic National Convention. All that hawtness was needed to balance out a very ugly crowd. (Although I don't see people in those terms.)
- Man wasn't it tense the other night when Obama's kid was on stage talking to him by satellite. Man, I'd never give a 10 year old a live mic on national TV.
- There is a blurb in the Update today about a guy pleading guilty after his previous conviction was reversed because of a "disjunctive" error in the jury charge. I tried to explain that months ago.
- I got behind Slow Customer Scanner Guy at the Walmart self check out line yesterday. You know: Slowly pick up product. Slowly rotate it find bar code. Slowly slide it across the reader. Slowly place it in the bag. And I bet he had 20 items. And what's worse, he would stop once a bag was full and place it in the shopping cart (slowly, I might ad.)
- Someone mentioned to me today that today's 20-somethings are the most unappreciative generation ever to come along. That might be right.
at 8:07 AM