- Caught a bit of Live Free Or Die Hard on HBO over the weekend. It looked ridiculous. I'm pretty sure I saw a fighter jet shooting off rockets at Bruce Willis as he drove down a freeway.
- Joey Lauren Adams has a sexy voice
- That computer generated review at Wimbledon to see if a ball was in or out is very cool.
- I've dogged Williamson County DA John Bradley for years. I'll be dang if he didn't send me the nicest email this weekend.
- I made a note on Sunday to be sure to mention that an incredible number of three people had drowned at local lakes over the weekend. Then I was watching Fox 4 last night and learned there were SEVEN people had drowned - with four of them at Lake Lewisville. Lake Bridgeport was death free (and I can't remember the last drowning we had there.)
- Not to mention three metroplex teenagers shot to death over the weekend.
- I wonder if anyone reads that syndicated Dave McNeely column in the Messenger?
- Did you see that a 41 year old woman qualified this weekend for the U.S. swim team for the Olympics? And she's a serious "Hey, now."
- Star Telegram wedding announcement: "She currently works at the U.S. Department of Education, where she is Chief of Staff, Office of Communications and Outreach." Uh, do we as taxpayers really need to fund that position?
- I think I'm going to cut down on approving the comments that are nothing more than name calling.
- Only seven DWI arrests in Denton County over the July 4th weekend?
- The women's final at Wimbledon was Serena Williams vs Venus Williams. As someone pointed out, how would you like one of the greatest moments of your life coming at the expense of someone you love?
- In Star Telegram writer Dave Lieber's column ("The Watchdog") this weekend about tracking down rock haulers, he actually referred to his readers as "the Watchdog Nation." Really.
- I'm excited about football season on the horizon. But I wish Wade Phillips wasn't the coach of the Cowboys. And I'll be triple excited as Baylor opens at home on TV and on a Thursday night against Wake Forest (But I predict failure.)
- I remember where I was when I first decided that I looked old. (Sadly, about five years ago in the Decatur Burger King drive though line when I glanced up as I adjusted my rear view mirror.)
- That men's Wimbledon final was incredible (but I admit that I ran an errand that took an hour or two only to come back to realize how exciting it really was.) By the way, that was the longest Wimbledon Final in the history of ever.
- I can't remember the last time I drank a 32 ounce Miller High Life after finding two human hands in my freezer. Like this guy in Fort Worth.
- I once proclaimed that I had never seen a good movie that did not "depict electricity." (Maybe my greatest proclamation ever.) But I admit that I now have a Mel Gibson Exception to this rule (Braveheart,
ApocalypticaApocalypto Edit: I thought that looked wrong.). Wait . . . and a Gladiator exception.
- I've always thought a great documentary would be to follow a person(s) as they walk out of the Huntsville prison system - especially those that have been there over 10 years. Where do they first go? What do they think when they see new technology?
- And did you know that inmates released in Texas are given a $50 check? Apparently there is a bus stop and a liquor store two miles away. A 32 ounce Miller High Life perhaps?
- I saw a lady in the grocery store mixing and matching eggs from different cartons (just like in Clerks.)
- My left facial cheek twitched a lot yesterday.
at 7:42 AM