- Great. I go to bed right after halftime and maybe missed the second greatest national championship game in the history of ever. (But when a game is scheduled to start at 7:00, halftime doesn't begin until after 9:30, and the game ends after 11:30, something is wrong.)
- Somebody needed to check the head ref for steroids. (Here's a very funny GIF of him.)
- I had to block the Prime Minister of India on Twitter because he kept mistakenly putting my twitter name in his tweets. (I'm not making that up.)
- I thought the Fort Worth "Why Don't You Teach Your Kid Not To Litter" Officer would be fired. I didn't necessarily think that would be deserved, but I thought they would bring down the hammer hard on him. Nope. Just a 10 day suspension.
- Trump has named his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, as one of his senior White House advisers. Sheesh. One bright spot: The 35 year old will now be subject to conflict of interest laws and that's a minefield he'll either walk away from or be blown up in.
- Cabinet confirmation hearings begin today. Since 1977, only one presidential nominee has been rejected. That was Texas' John Tower for defense secretary.
- "Democratic lawmakers plan to rehang a controversial painting on Capitol Hill that angered law enforcement groups with its depiction of police officers as pigs, after Republican Rep. Duncan Hunter personally took down the picture last week."
- If you think the NFL cares about concussions, think again. If you haven't seen the viscous hit on Dolphin's quarterback Matt Moore over the weekend, please look at it. And then after a 10 second examination he was cleared to play.
- Anyone know anything about the Alvord teen death mentioned in the Update yesterday?
- Baylor officially reached #1 yesterday and then was made an underdog at West Virginia tonight.
at 8:37 AM