- Three separate motorcycle deaths in Austin over the weekend. And three separate drownings in DFW lakes.
- Over 20 years ago I hated lawn work so much that I got a nasty letter from my homeowner's association. Now I walk around the lawn looking for spare weeds.
- Mrs. LL might have met an officer who thought she might have disregarded the speed limit in the great state of Texas.
- Baylor came within three outs of going to the college world series yesterday. Now they are 27 outs away. After Arkansas tied the game and with the bases loaded, Baylor's relief pitcher came in and threw one pitch and hit the batter. Sheesh.
- Lindsey Lohan managed to total her Porsche on Friday. I'm surprised she wasn't badly hurt.
- The "private sector is doing fine" gaffe by the President was one heck of a gaffe. The Republicans were smart to jump on that.
- It's not often you see a bridge pillar broken in two but when it is hit by an 18 wheeler which never hit its brakes, it can happen. What a mess on a shut down I-30 in west Dallas.
- I looked up at the TV on Saturday night and saw the movie Mega Shark Versus Crocosaurus. And they said Hollywood was out of ideas.
- The Electric Daisy Carnival looks like a scene.
- Mrs. LL apparently still can't hit a softball but she had learned to run to first on a dropped third strike. She felt like a Softball Genius. Attagirl.
- The new Dallas ISD superintendent defends the $180,000 salary of his 31 year old communications director: “If Jennifer Sprague were an ugly, slightly older male with 20 years of experience who had won all these national awards would any of you make a story of it if he received the same salary?” Well that 20 years of experience might be a little different.
- Lady Gaga got hit in the head with a pole while on stage and it looks like that would have hurt.
- Kenney Chesney has been trying to position himself as the next Jimmy Buffet for 10 years and when he's now playing in front of 50,000 at Cowboys Stadium, he might be getting there.
- The Family Cat now makes a break for it every time the back door is opened. She then hits the brakes about halfway into the lawn and starts grazing. It's like a "Hey! I can eat this green carpet!" moment.
at 8:31 AM