- Update of the DWI trial yesterday: After being offered a better plea bargain because there weren't enough jurors, he finally took it after thinking about it over lunch. (He originally turned it down which prompted a few "what an idiot" murmurs in the courtroom.
- Crazy debut by the #1 pick in the MLB draft from last year, Stephen Strasburg: 7 innings pitched and 14 strikeouts. The bang-to-hype ratio actually paid off. (But everyone might want to tap the brakes before they put him in the Hall of Fame.)
- While jogging before 8:00 a.m. on Sunday, I came across a grown man with a basket on his his bike. And in the basket was a plastic replica of E.T. (Absolutely true.)
- And a former Decatur kid was drafted in the eighth round yesterday in the baseball draft. I think that's high enough where they'll give him a serious look. I think. Baseball is weird.
- Another Texas pipeline explosion resulting in death yesterday. Let's hope there is no trifecta today.
- Big 12 watch: Nebraska may be gone by Friday. For college football fans, this is the craziest time I've ever seen.
- Funny line yesterday about Texas determining if Baylor would get to tag along to the Pac 10: "Texas is like the cool guys getting into an exclusive club. If they want someone else in the VIP room, they get to go to the VIP room."
- Have a mentioned that someone needs to get Miley Cyrus under control?
- Four more U.S. troops killed in Afghanistan yesterday. Exactly what are we doing over there?
- Al and Tipper Gore's daughter separates from husband, too?
- Border Control Overkill: Shooting a Mexican teenager for throwing rocks at a border guard.
- I don't know who runs the awful DPS Twitter feed, but if she writes, "Turn around! Don't drown!" one more time, I'm driving to Austin and submerging her head in the bathtub.
- Another "anticipation video" that is not-a-good.
- TCU and the Evil Empire play in the college baseball playoffs this week. Despite TCU getting a little cocky last Fall, I can never root for the Empire.
- Yep, a little sports intensive today, but I woke up late.
at 8:32 AM