- I saw cars nine deep at a Starbucks drive through yesterday. No. Way.
- Not breaking news: It was brutally hot this weekend.
- Tom Cruise recreated his role Tropic Thunder last night at the MTV Movie Awards with a dance number and it was insanely funny. (Some clips were already on the net but being taken down quickly by Viacom.)
- Somebody needs to reign Miley Cyrus back in.
- Baylor looks to be back in the mix with conference realignment.
- 65% of the students in Dallas ISD are Hispanic. Only 5% are white.
- Somehow I ended up in a suite at the Texas Motor Speedway on Friday night to watch the NASCAR truck series. But the highlight was getting to watch the Indy cars do a final practice.
- Then I lost my car in the parking lot for 30 minutes. I never do that.
- Former UCLA coach John Wooden died at age 99 over the weekend. Despite 10 national championships, he never made more than $35,000 a year.
- And ESPN reran a package this weekend about how much he loved his wife who died in 1985. It featured former Sports Illustrated columnist Rick Reilly going to his home for a pre-arranged interview about her, but Wooden met him in tears at the door saying he couldn't do it because it was "too soon." She had been dead for sixteen years.
- Somebody want to plug that oil leak?
- Update on the news story of the porn star wanted for murder with a sword: He "died after falling off a cliff in California on Saturday when police used a stun gun to subdue him." Edit: Picture! Double Edit!: Video. Oh, man.
- Those girls that were thrown out of their boat on Lake Bridgeport this weekend are lucky. Well, lucky after the fact.
- I jogged this weekend listening to old Ticket bits I found. People have to think I'm crazy when I'm running alone and laughing.
at 8:25 AM