- Yeah, it's cute, but the Evian "skating babies" commercial doesn't jazz me like it does everyone else. I'm just not a fan of the overly tricked up computer generated video.
- Twice this week, I've driven by down a street in the morning only to see a guy walk out of his house, shirtless, and fire up a cigarette.
- I wonder if other cultures get as freaked out as the U.S. does over "sex crimes."
- I don't think I've ever seen a "victim impact statement" delivered to a defendant after a trial but while the jury was still in the jury box. At least not in Wise County.
- And that legal right of the victim is simply odd: It can only occur after a sentence has been handed down.
- But the defendant yesterday will certainly remember it. Heck, I will.
- The photo of Obama checking out the girl yesterday was pretty funny. Headline winner may go here but our local Fox 4 gave it a good effort.
- College football fans only: ESPN's Big 12 Blog has been counting down to the 25 biggest moments in the conference's history. Good stuff. The only one left to be disclosed is #1, but it has to be UT's Vince Young's scramble on 4th down to win the National Championship.
- The capital murder indictment of Steven York by a Wise County Grand Jury this week kind of flew under the radar. The next big announcement is whether the DA's office will seek the death penalty -- something that hasn't occurred in almost 30 years.
- I think a new Harry Potter movie is coming out. I've never seen any of them nor do I have any desire to.
- Running of the Bulls update: Bulls 1, Humans 0
- Our Congress woman, Kay Granger, visited a Wise County ranch a couple of weeks ago. Yesterday she was hospitalized due to dehydration. Coincidence?
- Movie critic Gary Gogill called the new Bruno movie the most shocking R rated movie he's ever seen. That's saying something.
- 14 of 17 dogs at the Jacksboro animal shelter were euthanized. It's like a puppy holocaust.
- [Post about Steve McNair's killer failing field sobriety tests deleted because even I was bored by it.]
- What temperature do you keep your home thermostat at? Me: 77 in the evening. 74 at night.
at 8:20 AM