- Convenience stores in the metroplex seem to feel more dangerous these days.
- Had this discussion yesterday: Most, if not all, sin is based in selfishness.
- For some odd reason, it is the Chicago Tribune that reported on a story that is gaining legs: Cops in a small Texas town seizing a ton of property and money from motorists and then taking it, via the state's forfeiture laws, in exchange for not charging them with a crime.
- This happened to 140 people over a two year period which is a shocking number. I bet less than 10, maybe less than 5, forfeiture actions are filed in Wise County every year.
- The Dow is up three days in a row? Economy. Solved.
- Saw a lawyer in a driver's license hearing yesterday in Fort Worth that did not have a clue what he was doing. It's always uncomfortable when that happens because every lawyer in the audience starts looking at one other with cocked eyebrows.
- That Geico stack-of-bills-with-eyeballs is weird.
- I think I saw a story about Texas considering paying students for good grades. ($20 for an A, $10 for a B, etc.) Anybody else ready to give up?
- Update: Forgetting Sarah Marshal didn't do much for me.
- I always expect a convenience store clerk to become overly excited when I pay with exact change. Rarely happens.
- I'm not sure what I think about the overly pillowed bed.
- Lawyer news: A huge firm in Texas has canceled next summer's associate program. I've never heard of such a thing.
- I TIVO'd the Travel Channel's "Bridget's Sexiest Beaches" with Bridget Marquardt last night. It looked like a "Hey, Now" kind of show based upon the previews.
- NFL Draft thought: Everyone always says "Take the best player available." Um, ok. The tricky part is figuring out who that is.
- I really like today's pic.
- Drives me nuts: Driving down the highway in the rain and having someone pass me on the left only to immediately get right in front of me and spraying me with gunk.
- Finally heard a radio interview with the Dallas Mavericks' coach. Sheesh. That guy is a tremendous jerk.
- St. Patrick's Day is coming up. I hope I remember to post my favorite video of "I wanna know where da gold at!"
at 7:09 AM