- Old clips of Janis Joplin singing = Power Down.
- I once slept walked out of a hotel in San Francisco while on vacation as a boy with my family. When I made it back to the hotel room in the middle of the night (I was gone for probably 10 minutes), they were scared to open the door because I was banging on it so hard and they had no idea what was going on.
- I remember realizing where I was when I tried to open a newspaper rack in the hotel parking lot.
- Greatest. Photoshop. Ever. (Thanks, Keith.) And everyone tells me that's the worst picture of me they've ever seen.
- Vacation thought: I might drive across the South by myself. Stopping often to see stuff that guide books tell me I should see. Hole in the wall restaurants. Small towns. Louisiana. Alabama. Mississippi. And then into Florida down to the Keys (which would probably turn a pleasant trip into a long one).
- But with my luck I'd probably end up tied to a tree ala Deliverance.
- The stem cell debate broke out yesterday which caused the abortion debate to break out which, in turn, caused the "every life is precious" comments to flow. Except those uttering "every life is precious" will later say that a life, who can't find work and seeks government assistance, is a leach on society.
- Shannon Tweed is 52 today.
- Two things that would be horrible to experience: The church shooting and the child being run over in a driveway. And both have made the news in the last couple of days.
- Brit Brit in a bikini. (And, yes, I saw the concert video that was all over the Internets yesterday.)
- Channel 8 now runs a brief spot during its newscasts which simply says, "It's 10:00 o'clock. Do you know where your children are?" That was a mainstay of the channel back when I was growing up. It's amazing how it still applies all these years later.
- Criminal charges against teenagers in Plano who faked the kidnapping in a parking lot? Not a chance. There is no applicable law. But I'm sure the Texas Legislature will immediately spring into action to remedy this problem that we've never heard of before this weekend.
- Description of new Dallas Cowboys luxury suite: "The suite was filled with Brazilian granite, Canadian marble, leather-clad walls and walnut trim. The front of the bar was wrapped in crocodile leather and stocked with Woodford Reserve bourbon, Patrón Silver tequila and other premium liquor" Recession?
- The use of ankle monitors on truant students by a local JP has made the Messenger and today the Star Telegram. But I noticed this sentence: "No students have been sanctioned with the monitor yet . . . ." Edit: Good grief. I just hear about this on WBAP.
- In other news, local officials are considering freezing the bodies of probation violators. No probationers have been sanctioned with the freezing device yet.
- And another (hot kindergarten teacher.)
at 8:32 PM