- I think it's silly when any pro athlete says, "We shocked the world today!" after an upset victory. I don't think a couple of guys in Sudan really care that much.
- Double motorcycle death in Dallas last night.
- The Pittsburgh Steeler coach just looks cool. Now think about Wade Phillips.
- I'm a fan of Obama, but the man sure does like pomp and circumstance.
- I understand "pomp" but not so sure about "circumstance" in that phrase.
- My weekend was filled with turmoil.
- I had no idea that the celebration at the Lincoln Memorial was going on yesterday. But someone emailed so I was able to TIVO a replay of it on HBO. But what was it doing on HBO?
- If McCain had been elected, the Lincoln Memorial would have been very quiet yesterday.
- So how is Washington paying for the beefed up security for the inauguration? President Bush declared it an "emergency" so as to to tap into FEMA funds. That's kind of funny.
- Video on relationships.
- What the heck is Hannah Montana wearing?
- If you are hanging out at the ZaZaZa Sports Bar (Google street view) in Fort Worth, and a gal starts flirting with you: Be Careful.
- Chesley B. "Sully" Sullenberger has a pretty hot wife. (I saw her in an interview in her driveway but couldn't locate a picture of her this morning.)
- Too young to have really accomplished anything? The new coach at Tampa Bay is 32 years old.
- I feel stupid. American painter Andrew Wyeth died last week, and I heard several reports that his "Christina's World" painting was the second most recognizable painting (behind American Gothic.) I'll swear I had never seen it. Ever.
- I bought my nephew an autographed photo of Kurt Warner back when he (uh, Warner) was the quarterback of the St. Louis Rams who won the Super Bowl. Now that Warner is headed back to the championship game, I wonder if the photo is in a safe place or lost.
- The Wise County Courthouse is closed today for MLK day. I'm reasonably certain that no African American has officed in that building.
- There are a lot of people in this world that need to talk less and listen more.
at 8:00 AM