- Nick Folk kicks a field goal to send the Cowboy game into overtime, and Tony Romo is sitting on the bench on the sideline looking like someone kicked his dog. There's something going on with him.
- I ate lunch at the Icehouse in Fort Worth off Belknap over the weekend . Between the service and the loud music, it was not-a-good. Funny experience, but not-a-good.
- "Texas has joined two other Southwest border states — California and Arizona — that require immigrants to prove their legal status before they can get a driver's license." Honestly, I thought that was the rule before the change.
- When I wake up on a Monday, I just wish I could stay in bed all morning. When I wake up on a Saturday with nothing to do, I get up instead of staying in bed.
- Two more short McCain videos are going around. First he gets booed by his own supporters for saying we don't have to be scared of an Obama presidency, and then he gets agitated when on woman calls Obama an "Arab." The other shows a supporter carrying a stuffed toy monkey with an Obama sign on its little monkey head.
- McCain seems beaten down. I would be, too.
- Haven't seen it on the net yet, but Fox 4 told me a car crashed last night on 121 near Grapevine and then a motorcyclist came along, hit the wreckage, and died. Edit: Link
- That was the weirdest game ending play of the Cowboy game yesterday. On what would be the blocked punt, the left side of the line released and moved to the left as if it was going to be a fake. But that can't possibly be true.
- Somebody forwarded me an email of a picture of Obama holding the book, "The Post-American World" and warning me that the book is "a Muslim's view". Puhleese. The author of the book (that made the New York Times best seller list) is a Newsweek editor, and can be seen every month on many talk shows. This propaganda has to hurt the anti-Obama crowd more than help them.
- Someone mentioned sherbet to me yesterday. For some reason, I hadn't heard that term in years. And I wonder if I've always mispronounced it.
- The OU and Texas fans, outside the stadium, were remarkably pleasant to one another. Although I did see one Texas fan walking behind a OU fan after game yelling, "Who's your daddy?"
- Britney's new video debuted on 20/20 Friday night. I missed it, but it's online here. Oh, my. She's back to being hawt.
- The army had a virtual war exhibit at the Airshow this weekend. Young men could get in a Humvee and fire automatic weapons as scenes of Iraq go by in the virtual world. Nice. See, kids, almost getting killed is fun.
- That Methodist church on 287 going into Fort Worth was promoting a "hell house" last year during Halloween. It doesn't look they are going to do it this year.
- The University of Texas has moved into the #1 position in both polls. Ugh. (But they've still got Missouri #11, Oklahoma State #8, Texas Tech #7 Kansas #16 left, and the Big 12 Championship game.)
- Little tomatoes seem to go bad quicker than big tomatoes.
- I get a little depressed picking up the Travel section in the weekend paper because it always shows these great and interesting places that I'll never go to.
at 7:05 AM