- Just breaking: Fort Worth cops made a massive drug bust of "many TCU students" last night after a long undercover investigation had concluded. TCU is just releasing details. More media followup later.
- There's some civil trial going on up at the Wise County courthouse. The best I can tell it has to deal with some lady who lost some range of motion and strength in two of her fingers, but I'm not sure who she is blaming. As always, there's more lawyers involved in a case over money than one over freedom.
- We had a candlelight dinner last night at the house. I kept waiting for the Family Cat to cause a Carrie-like disaster.
- I go to bed early and wake up exhausted. Dreams. Ugh.
- Conservatives are blaming the President for high gas prices this summer? I thought it was speculators when this happened under George W (when the price was around $4.12 a gallon, by the way.)
- I don't understand the attraction of hydrocodone or Xanax as as an abusive drug of choice.
- I kept getting lots of tips yesterday about the Decatur eighth grader/prescription medication drug bust, but it's kind of hard to write anything about it when a juvenile is involved.
- The Parker County torture case going on right now is bizarre. I was trying to think of a movie about hiding someone in a house for the purposes of torture because Misery doesn't do this justice.
- This is very inside to those who really know me: Is the latest Messenger a coincidence or a not-so-subtle shot.
- Random high school girl's playoff game on Monday: Plano West 73, Saginaw 12.
- Sad to see the passing of Cindy Clifton, mother of Kyle Clifton, of Bridgeport.
- I can't imagine going to a restaurant because it is an All-You-Can-Eat establishment.
- Whatever happened to that Debt Ceiling Super Committee/Deadline=Automatic Cuts thing?
- I don't Texas will have a primary until May. If I was running for election, that would drive me insane to have an uncertain date.
- I don't care about the NBA but I like good stories. And this Jeremy Lin story is pretty incredible.
at 8:32 AM