- That's a reader submitted Random Thought Girl.
- It's a foggy Valentine's Day. (I mention it only because of the chance some guy completely forgot who now goes into Panic Mode.)
- And there seems to be more and more backlash over Valentine's being a commercially created holiday. I've read more "couples should boycott it" this year than ever before.
- I hate key rings. I'll spend ten minutes trying to get a key on and off one of those dang things which takes what seems like 100 pound of force to separate. Why did it take until 2012 for this to be invented?
- I'll admit it. I got mad at the Messenger for the first time in years over the weekend, but I think we've both calmed down.
- I think Piers Morgan is a great interviewer.
- I've seen very, very few DWI cases based upon illegal drugs but many of them based on prescription medication.
- I bet in 20 years there will only be hot women in short skirts running the dogs around at the Westminster Dog Show. Idiocracy has been slow to catch up with that show.
- The death of the soldier who died after being found unresponsive at Fort Hood (and is the grandson of Decatur folks) is still surrounded by a lot of "unanswered questions." No one has suggested foul play but you can't help but think of A Few Good Men.
- When I was picking out the Valentine card for Mrs. LL, I overheard the gal beside me said, "This would be a lot easier if I wasn't pissed off at him right now."
- Mrs. LL's car ended up with tickets to a musical in it. It made her happy. (We may boycott the holiday in the future, but I'm not bringing the subject up during Year Two of marriage.)
- I saw some goofball post on Facebook yesterday that began: "Tucked away in Obama's new budget . . . . " How is anything "tucked away"?
- Lots of people have been hating on all the publicity given Whitney Houston's death with many, for some reason, asking why we aren't mourning the death of American soldiers instead. Hey, it is possible to mourn the death of an African American pop star and soldiers.
- Sports: I saw Jeremy Lin's name in headlines for a week before I had any idea who the heck he was. (Over that past week, the Harvard grad who just happens to be Asian has become an NBA sensation with the New York Knicks after being claimed off waivers last December.). But it was good to see firebombing columnist Jason Whitlock get in trouble for a troubling tweet about him.
- "Fort Worth -- A Tarrant County jury has concluded that an Arlington man acted in 'sudden passion' in the stabbing death last year of his ex-girlfriend's boyfriend and sentenced him to two years in prison." I could be wrong, but I think the new Tarrant County DA's press agent might have ignored that bit of news. (The case was filed as Murder and carried with it a range of punishment of 5 years to life in prison. Once the jury found "sudden passion," the range shrunk to 2 years to 20 years. And then they went with the minimum.)
- "Who do you think you all are? Highfalutin heifers?" - High school cheerleading coach's rant in a high tone Houston area that got her fired. The cheerleader who recorded it received two days suspension.
at 8:30 AM