- In case you missed it, more pics came out of Rep. Wiener over the weekend (in the Congressional Gym, no less), and now he's headed to "rehab." He's done.
- Also, Bruce Springsteen's saxophone playing band member Clarence Clemons suffered a stroke last night.
- I don't dislike the Mavs. I dislike their coach. And if you listen carefully to every one of his post-game press conference, his underlying and subtle theme is that the the Mavs are well coached. I have to admit that's true. I just don't need to hear it from him.
- It sounds like Mark Cuban's vow of silence during the playoffs was more about not wanting to field the same old irritating questions than not trying to jinx the playoff run. After a couple of S bombs last night, I wish he'd make it a year round policy. And has that guy gained a little weight?
- Weird/Funny Cuban tweet this morning.
- LeBron James to those who wished failure upon him: "[A]t the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today. They have the same personal problems they had today."
- There was some reporter on Channel 8 last night that was sticking her mic into the crowd at Victory Plaza. That was a dicey proposition, and I think I heard at least one F bomb.
- Power Down: Queen's "We Are The Champions" after any sports final.
- Caught a short documentary late Saturday on HBO about the John McEnroe and Bjorn Borg rivalry called "Fire and Ice." It game me Good Ol' Days Syndrome.
- Every speck of dirt from my driveway was moved over this weekend. (Changes in the backyard landscape took most of it.) I got so serious that I even put baseball bat grip tape on the handles of the wheelbarrow.
- McDonald's fought an African American surcharge hoax over the last few days.
- The media went through tons of Sarah Palin's emails over the last couple of days. Biggest revelation: We both use the word, "Sheesh."
- I think a regular season Cowboys game would win hands down compared to last night's Mavs game, but I can't back that up yet.
- I went outside during halftime of last night's game to water and piddle in the yard only to come back in to see the Disney Channel on the big screen.
at 8:37 AM