- Creepy: A party, a couple leave, car crash, man dead, lady passenger missing with footprints in the snow leading away from wreckage.
- The mayor of Farmers Branch wants to create a Farmer's Branch ISD separate and apart from Carrollton. Let me guess: He wants to kick out some illegal aliens trying to get an education? Wants more bureaucracy? Wants to spend more taxpayer money on legal fees?
- I guess Political Correctness was invented so people wouldn't be offended but, in the end, a lot of people get needlessly offended while witnessing Political Correctness. If I ever get to the point where I'm offended by someone telling me "Happy Holidays", it'll be time to reboot my life.
- State Rep. Jane Nelson's proposes a lifetime driver's license suspension for those convicted of two DWIs. Clueless. Even MADD thinks the bill "is a distraction from those good bills that have been filed." After watching the legislature for years, it is easy to come to the the conclusion that no one is more of a look-at-me-politician than Nelson.
- There's certainly nothing funny about a lady falling in the background of a live newscast. Ok, maybe a little funny.
- The pastor of the First Baptist Church of Dallas is a nut. And he comes across as someone who'll be involved in some scandal some day.
- You would have thought we would have cared about him: Did you know the Taliban has held a U.S. soldier for 526 days? Have you ever heard his name?
- It's the 30 year anniversary of the murder of John Lennon. It was my mom who woke me up with the news since she was watching Monday Night Football where the news first broke. I remember her telling me that a "one of the Beatles had been murdered." I remember groggily asking, "Who? McCartney!!???"
- And I had forgotten how Howard Cosell had broken the news as a last second field goal was beginning to unfold on the field. (Watch it.)
- President Obama doesn't have to apologize for agreeing to keep the "Bush Tax Cuts" in place.
- I don't know why everyone thinks the Cowboys beating of the Colts seals Jason Garrett as the team's next head coach. An injury ridden Colts team out gains the Cowboys in total yardage and almost wins despite turning the ball over four times including two interceptions returned for touchdowns. To almost lose that game tells you the Cowboys had a horrible performance.
- I actually watched the famous Jimmy Valvano speech from the 1993 ESPY's last night -- something I'm not sure I've ever done. He would be dead of bone cancer in less than two months afterwards.
- At one point, Valvano, while smiling, tells the audience that a guy in the back is telling him that he has 30 seconds to wrap up. "I got tumors all over my body. I'm worried about some guy in the back going thirty seconds, huh?"
- And one more as I lead you into the cover of a North Carolina newspaper: "Cancer can take away all my physical ability. It cannot touch my mind; it cannot touch my heart; and it cannot touch my soul. And those three things are going to carry on forever."
at 8:31 AM