- There's a divorce going on in Dallas where the wife wants $
1520 billion and the guy actually has that much. Edit: Oops. Poor guy only has $5 billion. I bet he regrets getting younger at that position.
- I'm not sure what the hype is about the new TRON movie which is based on a horrible video game (I'd put a quarter in and watch a motorcycle run into a line within 15 seconds) as well as a previous bomb of a movie from the 1980s.
- Family picture time was last night with a remote controlled camera. That was a very Modern Family wheels off experience. ("When's this going to happen?" I asked. "In about 15 minutes," came the reply. My new internal married clock told me that would be slightly over an hour. I was right.)
- Regarding my opinion of the silliness of the FBI tricking dumb-terrorist-wannabees: Geraldo Rivera said the same thing on Fox & Friends this morning. (Side note about another contributor to the program: When did Stuart Varney turn into fear-mongering hack?)
- Texas DPS inducted 37 new troopers yesterday. They walked into the ceremony chanting, "A trooper's life is made for me." Really?
- And the keynote speaker actually said, ""It's significant that when Chuck Norris dreams of what he would be, he dreams that he would be a member of the DPS. That says something." Really?
- The Wise County guy on trial for dope got 12 years. And all across the state this evening prosecutors will ingest a fluid into their body to alter their mental state at a thing called "happy hour."
- For most of my life, I wouldn't acknowledge Christmas until a week before it happened in order to avoid Christmas Burnout. That might have been a mistake.
- Some company called Groupon was approached by Google with an offer to be purchased for $6 billion. They turned Google down. Mark Cuban would have told them to take "stupid money."
- The Mavericks will lose in the first of second round of the playoffs -- I don't care if they win 50 games straight. (And, man, I despise their coach.)
- Neve Campbell looking hot.
- I was watching part of a documentary on World War II last night (on the bombing or Britain.) I perceived myself as an inquisitive guy trying to learn something. I suppose the kids in the house perceived me as an old guy watching a boring war show.
- Story regarding this headline:
at 8:28 AM