- I saw that "The Lanier Law Firm" (headed by some guy that hires Miley Cyrus to sing at his Christmas parties) has filed suit on behalf of one of the guys killed in the North Texas gas line explosion last week. What took so long?
- The more I hear about the "saving" of the Big 12, the more it sounds like Texas acted like an abusive boyfriend. Of the $10+ million that will be paid by Colorado and Nebraska for leaving the conference, only Texas, OU and Texas A&M will share it.
- I told you that the Lakers might win the NBA Championship after all. (They won last night going away.) Me = Continuous Sports Genius. .
- My most obscure NBA observation ever: Bill Walton whips me to no end.
- A municipal judge in Fort Worth committed suicide. Not that you have to worry about me, but I think I understand that more than most people. Isn't life, after all, pretty dang hard? Even when things are going great?
- Did you see the story on Fox 4 last night about the guy that Six Flags denied admission to because he had a bracelet on that looked like a diamond handcuff and a tattoo on his forearm of a topless woman? He just couldn't understand why.
- But that was the lead story on Fox 4 last night.
- ESPN does something cool at night: It replays the day's World Cup games but cuts out all the dead parts. It takes about 30 minutes per game.
- I'll be on vacation during the first full week of July. Prepare to miss me.
- Odd but understandable note for the City of Decatur in today's Update: Juneteenth Parade canceled due to lack of entries. (And Bud Kennedy has already tweeted it.)
- I'm constantly amazed at people that seek out my advice and don't listen. One thing I try never to do is to speak without purpose. So it drives me nuts when someone wants to hear my opinion (sometimes even paying for it) and then, when I'm in the process of telling them something critically important, they interrupt me with an irrelevant fact.
- That sounds a little harsh but when I go to someone for help, I can't wait for them to start talking.
- Al Gore allegedly cheated with Larry David's ex-wife? All my brain can hear right now is the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme.
- I actually assume that my average reader knows who Larry David is. I like that.
- My worst fault is holding grudges.
- A guy I hate:Albert Haynesworth of the Washington Redskins is holding out. He has been paid $32 million over the last 13 months.
at 8:33 AM