- A BP executive met with President Obama yesterday and then met with the press afterwards where he proclaimed the company cared about the "small people" on the coast. That's a non-story despite everyone trying to make it a story.
- I can't remember the last time I was in the Golden Triangle mall in Denton.
- For some reason, I never watch ESPN's SportsCenter but I do like the Top Ten Plays Of The Day when I do.
- Another sports note: Lakers coach/Zen Master Phil Jackson has never coached in a Game 7 in the NBA Finals (scheduled for tonight) despite winning ten championships.
- There was a story making the rounds yesterday of a flight attendant taking over for a sick co-pilot and helping to land a commercial jet. I don't know anything about flying one of those things, but I suspect one could be landed without a co-pilot easily.
- Michael Young became the Texas Rangers all time hit leader last night. And most of us couldn't pick him out of a lineup.
- Watched a little bit of the new ESPN documentary on, primarily, the OJ Simpson car chase last night. It was fantastic. I had no idea there was audio of OJ while in the Bronco saying he had already said good bye to his kids and wanted to "do it" at his home.
- Also Watched a little bit of a DUI case in Wise County yesterday. That's a Class C case (lowest level) where a minor was accused of driving after drinking yet not intoxicated. I'm not sure why it was being tried after watching most of it. (I didn't know the defense lawyer.)
- One Dallas cop gives a drunk female Dallas off duty cop a ride home and a gun goes off in the police car. I bet that was a scene inside the car.
- Lots of good sportzzzz this weekend: World Cup, College World Series, and the U.S. Open golf tournament.
- Someone mentioned to me that this would be something great to add to my Bucket List: In four years the World Cup goes to Brazil.
- This sounds like one horrific crash on I-35 in Fort Worth last night.
at 8:31 AM