- I didn't even make it in the courtroom for jury duty last week. The judge sent a note out excusing me without an explanation. I thought about muttering, "I guess that sex offender registration didn't play too well" as I walked past the other jurors who were still waiting.
- I downloaded the official song of the World Cup and listened to it over the weekend. It at least made me feel a little international.
- The Big 12 Conference realignment explained with MS Paint. Very funny. (Language warning.) Edit: And we have huge realignment news this morning.
- Ex-UT star Vince Young slugs a guy in a Dallas strip club at 3:30 a.m. because he was taunted with an upside down "hook em horns" sign? Well, that makes perfect sense.
- The flash flood in Arkansas over the weekend that killed nineteen was bizarre. How horrible would it be to wake up in camper being swept up in flood waters?
- Speaking of bizarre, this photo of Rick Perry speaking at the state GOP convention this weekend creeps me out.
- Look at the names of the 32 countries playing in the World Cup. Can you find them all on the map? Can you name their native language? Can you name anything about their culture? In the end, we don't know very much at all about this world at all.
- And every time I see the South Africa name on the World Cup logo, I think of Miss South Carolina saying, "Such as, South Africa."
- I appreciate that place in Boyd taking care of the black bear found in Alaska, but I'm not exactly sure I'd be thrilled if I were the bear.
- Caught up on a couple of episodes of Modern Family over the weekend. Man, that's funny. (And everyone keeps mentioning Breaking Bad as something I need to see.)
at 8:32 AM