- I'll plug it again: Tosh.0 is really, really funny.
- The Boyd school board voted 4-3 to buy out Superintendent Greg Stone's contract last night. Seems like a waste of money.
- Showgirls, starring Jessie from Saved By The Bell. is on cable all the time lately. That is one crazy movie as well as a career killer.
- The NFL Draft begins on Thursday night this week -- a change from its normal Saturday morning start. I like that. Except it means I'll still have the life force sucked out of me by ESPN's Chris Berman. Edit: Oops. I'm a sports idiot. It's next Thursday.
- I ate Lunchables on my hiking trip last weekend. That was a first for me. Maybe a last, too.
- Came across an April, 1997 edition of the Messenger yesterday which corresponded to the first race weekend ever at Texas Motor Speedway. I giggled when I read that car decals were available for the residents of Rhome and Boyd "to show police they are home folks so they can get up and down the streets in their own hometown."
- Almost no one watched the Masters last weekend in the metroplex. On Saturday, we ranked 56 of the 56 largest media markets in the country.
- Why wouldn't I be surprised if Phil Mickelson now finds himself in some kind of scandal.
- I've seen absolutely no bluebonnets along 287 from Decatur to Fort Worth.
- The story about the Fort Worth teen who was shot in his home after going home for lunch with his sister seems odd. Cops are saying he walked in on a burglary in progress, but it just seems there's more to it.
- Show my a press conference by a DA announcing he won't press charges (i.e. Ben Roethlisberger case yesterday), and I'll show you a DA who is grandstanding and a publicity hog.
- Even though the laws against DWI are the strictest on the books, I can see them getting tougher based upon the recent number of deaths making the news. It's been crazy lately.
- For limited audience: If you like college football, look at this run by a freshman from USC in their spring game. Oh, my.
- Sean Hannity always rants and raves that the Tea Party is not made up of only disgruntled white men, but then he throws his own "Freedom Concerts" (cue eagle noise) and has Lynyrd Skynyrd and Charlie Daniels serve as the headliners.
- Still nothing compelling above the fold today:
at 8:10 AM