- My continuous pet peeve: Ads disguised as news stories. I think I saw two this morning on Fox 4. There was a "story" about Starbucks having a new 32 ounce drink and one about Pappasitos opening up at DFW airport.
- There was a brawl last night at the Tech/Baylor women's basketball game. I'm looking for the video but it sounds like a Baylor gal started it. Certainly it was justified. Has to be. Edit: Video. That girl is gonna get suspended.
- Testimony in Decatur court yesterday: There are 2,100 people on probation in Wise County. (With each of them paying $60 a month in probation fees, that's a lot of cash.)
- There's a business which allows you to text any question to them and they'll give you an answer for a $1? Who would be dumb enough to do that?
- Someone in the comments referred to the four restaurants that burned on Greenville Avenue as "beer joints." Uh, get out of Wise County much?
- Heard the craziest story yesterday at the courthouse of a functionally mentally retarded guy grabbing a midget Jehovah Witness solicitor off his doorstep and holding him two days in the closet because he thought he was an actual troll. I'm trying to get the details but that's insanely funny. Edit: Mzchief schools me in the comments.
- Sarah Palin wants the media to respect her family's privacy so much that now she's trying to get a reality show. Her 15 minutes are about up.
- The controversy over the kids being allowed to say a few commands as an air traffic controller (as his dad watched over him and told them what to say) is no controversy at all. But the Today Show has led with that story for two days in a row.
- That $53 million verdict against Perry Homes has received no news coverage whatsoever. I don't understand that.
- The contestants on Wheel Of Fortune always guess the puzzle before me. And with all the technology in the world, is there any job less necessary that Vanna White's?
- I want to see Palo Duro Canyon. But I don't want to drive there.
at 8:16 AM