- A filler story in the Messenger this weekend indicated that 1 in 5 employed Wise County workers have a job supplied for the government.
- Anyone else getting tired of the saying, "Everything is bigger in Texas"? (And I think it is because of Cowboys Stadium that I keep hearing it so often lately.)
- If you were watching TV on Saturday afternoon, you were certain that Hawaii was going to be wiped out by a Tsunami.
- From a recent George Will column: "Almost half of the House and Senate Republicans are from 13 states - the 11 of the Confederacy plus Oklahoma and Kentucky." Wow.
- Marie Osmond's 18 year old son committed suicide over the weekend by jumping off a building.
- All you Dallas Mav fans need to tap the brakes a little bit.
- Weatherman Brad Barton on WBAP a second ago: "The high today is going to be 48 and that's optimistic. Maybe that was the temperature at midnight." Maybe? You're the weatherman!
- Got through half of some old horror flick called Dead Ringers.
- I got so mad at might tight pants that I ordered a month's supply of Nutrisystem.
- One of the craziest stories you'll ever read is the one of the nude woman breaking into commissioners' court candidate Paul Wood's house last week. I also heard that wasn't a good kind of naked. (But I couldn't find the abbreviated version on the Messenger's web site.)
- For the heck of it, I was a photographer's "assistant" at a Hispanic wedding at Ruben's Ballroom this weekend. That is one heck of a scene if you've never witnessed one.
- But I also got to talk to Ruben who is a heck of a nice guy. They have wrestling matches out there? That would be funny.
at 8:21 AM