- I ran the White Rock Half Marathon yesterday. Finished strong. No desire or need to walk. And even though I finished about eight minutes slower than I did in Fort Worth in February (what the heck?), I'll take that every time.
- I love the environment over there during the run. Tons of people come out on the streets for support.
- Favorite sign: "Catch the Kenyans!"
- At about the six mile mark, I saw a guy (who was a spectator) on his knee in the middle of the road proposing to a gal who was running. She had a look on her face like, "I'm in the middle of a freakin' race here!!!"
- No offense to the safety of Dallas, but there's no way I would run the Katy Trail alone. It looks like Ambush City with all the foliage next to the trail.
- There's something very cool about some stranger along the way catching your eye and yelling, "Good job!" For some reason I always mouth "Thank you" back at them.
- The last half mile I was listening to that song from Slumdog Millionaire: Jai Ho.
- I'm feeling pretty good about my Cowboy prediction of finishing 1-4.
- I couldn't find my wallet this morning and that drives me crazy. I'm a little worried.
- I went to an office Christmas party on Saturday. It got a little tense when a possibly intoxicated employee made a wise crack during the owner's speech and then the owner acknowledged the comment while speaking. Uh. Oh.
- Speaking of parties, the Wise County Republicans and the Wise County Women Republicans are having a combined Christmas party tonight. The cops need to be on standby for that blowout.
- Any news story today about this being "the busiest mailing day of the year" is just filler.
- Ate at that sushi place off of Western Center Boulevard again the other night. But there's no way I'm eating sushi there. (They have other Asian food as well.)
- Is the Tiger Woods fall from grace the biggest sports story of the decade? Probably.
- I think Accenture got more publicity for dropping Tiger than for signing Tiger.
- Doesn't it seem that climbers die on Mt. Hood every year? (They are looking for a lost group over the weekend.)
at 8:23 AM