- Crazy Baylor student suicide attempt.
- Wallet missing: Day Five. I'm officially suspending the search.
- Random question: If a web site asks for a credit card, can you use your debit card if it has a Visa or Mastercard logo on it? Hotel reservations work the same way?
- I saw a movie advertised as the "the winner of three Golden Globe nominations." Can you "win" a "nomination"?
- My cheek twitch ratcheted up yesterday and then suddenly stopped. I almost got concerned.
- Westlake guys were fired for playing Fantasy Football? The official reason was "it's gambling." A better reason would have been: "Company time waste."
- Whenever I see a story like that I wonder if the company was just looking for an excuse to can someone.
- I don't think the jungle house that I'm staying in in Costa Rica has air conditioning. This will be interesting.
- I walked around the North Texas campus during a break in the seminar on Friday. I think finals were about to begin and everyone seemed tense. It made me tense.
- I really don't think I consider anyone my enemy. There may be people that really don't like me, but the feeling is not mutual.
- I got a little emotional near the end of the half marathon. It was a combination of "I can actually do this!" vs. "There will come a day when I won't be able to do this." It made me appreciate the moment.
- No one, and I mean no one, has any earthly idea as to the impact of the details of the health care reform bill.
- I'm surprised there aren't more "group societies" in America. You know, a group of folks that just say "screw it all", move into a group setting on private land, grow their own food, educate their own children, and are otherwise self-sufficient. Maybe the Amish have it right after all.
- There's a huge new Academy Sports store at 377 and North Tarrant Parkway.
- Hot jury prediction on a Fort Worth case that I haven't followed closely enough to make a prediction on: Not Guilty.
at 8:26 AM