- I've said it before, NFL Films' America's Game is good stuff. And I think Hard Knocks with the Cowboys starts on HBO on Wednesday.
- I caught the last part of the Lifetime movie on Saturday which was based upon the McKinney cheerleader scandal from a couple of years ago. It was bad. Really bad. Sample dialogue: "You're completely out of line." Response:"This whole school is out of line!" (Al Pacino would have been proud.)
- Dale Hansen turned 60 over the weekend.
- I know its wrong to water the lawn in the middle of the day, but I briefly do it every now and then because it just looks so, well, hot.
- I haven't received an electric bill in about a month. Man, it'll be ugly.
- You don't hear much about priceline.com anymore. (Captain Kirk used to promote it every minute.)
- I hate unloading a dishwasher.
- I'm not sure I've heard much of former Bridgeport football great Colin Jones since he signed with TCU.
- One final sports thought: Former Cowboy Tony Dixon was on with Fox 4's Mike Doocey last night. I don't remember Tony Dixon. And one incredinbly random Cowboy thought: Anyone remember Chad Hutchinson?
- The Star Telegram today belatedly gets around to the Newark story of the proposed limit of five cats and five dogs per household. I wouldn't go near a house with 10 animals.
- I'm still mad at President Bush for his skit in 2004 at the Radio and Television Correspondents' Association Dinner when he showed photos of him "looking" for WMDs in the Oval Office. And for the life of me, I don't understand how his advisors didn't tell him not to do it.
- Edouard is a goofy name for a Tropical Storm/Hurricane
- I like sandwiches. I always forget that I like sandwiches.
- According to the Update of Friday, some kid made up the story about being robbed by two men in the southern part of the county when he actually just snuck out to hook up with his girlfriend. Whenever someone makes up a crime story, he is always assaulted by two, not one, men.
- I thought this would be bigger news: The convictions of two border patrol agents (who were the darlings of the The Right over the last couple of years) were upheld last week.
- WBAP's Mark Davis made the oddest statement last week. He said he would no long use the term "radical Muslims" because all Muslims, if they are followers of the religon, want to kill us. Really?
- I think I heard this issue of Texas Monthly has an article of the "25 Best Swimming Holes." I looked for it yesterday but its hard to find at the grocery store. Edit: Just found the story online.
- Gangs of New York was outstanding. And, honestly, I had never seen anything that Daniel Day-Lewis had starred in other than There Will Be Blood which I saw two months ago. Man, he's great.
at 7:59 AM