- I'm not particularly bent out of shape by the Hurst officer's treatment of the kid that has made the news recently. I'd suspend him for a couple of days, but that's about it.
- The Texas Supreme Court approving forms for simple divorces is something I didn't think I would ever see.
- I saw a lady testify in Wise County's district court yesterday who had the most high pitched and irritating voice I've ever heard. The whole place just stopped down when she uttered her first sentence.
- TCU has a good team as they sit at 7-4. But let's face it, if they were in their old conference, they would be 11-0 and yelling about being shut out of the BCS Championship game.
- I've had several people mention that Michael Morton article in Texas Monthly (links below). I've been bothered ever since I read it.
- Man gets life sentence for DWI in Texas. (It was also his eighth conviction and his blood alcohol concentration was a shocking .446).
- Had a client take a prison term plea bargain yesterday after she had been out on bond. I've said it before, but those are bad days at work no matter how fair the plea bargain.
- Every time I feel smart watching Jeopardy, they'll hit a category of literature or science and I then feel dumber than a fifth grader.
- Our Christmas decorating is always delayed by the guy who we are willing to pay to get up on the high roof to hand the lights. Inside decorating is delayed because I hate to pull out what was once a beautiful fake tree which has been destroyed by The Family Cat.
- I've got a DWI trial today barring a last second change of plans.
at 8:32 AM