- A Hurst attorney claims her office was the target of firebombs. Probably unrelated, but she filed a whistleblower claim against the Texas Attorney General at one time.
- I half-heartedly watched the debate last night. I kind of thought the President's "we also have less horses and bayonets" line was kind of funny but it seems most thought it was "snarky."
- How could anyone be an "undecided" voter at this point?
- Bridgeport lawyer Mike Simpson's daughter is involved in a high profile capital murder case in Waco.
- On Sunday they found the body of the 51 year old boat captain of the vessel which oddly sank in Eagle Mountain lake because of a "large wave." For some reason, we still haven't heard the name. I also didn't see any news stories last week of anxious friends and family members waiting for the recovery.
- Slow motion of a ball hitting the bat three times during one swing at last night's NLSC game.
- It is amazing Krum has put together an undefeated football team after only recently starting a program. How long ago has it been that they were only a basketball school?
- A few years back, some Decatur kids shot some Bridgeport kids (cheerleaders?) with a paintball gun during the Battle of the Big Sandy week. That was funny back then. Everyone has gone so nuts these days that charges would probably be filed.
- I completely missed this last week: Wyoming's head coach accused the Air Force coach of faking a player's injuries and gives him a good cussing out as they left the field -- on Military Appreciation Day no less. He was suspended for a week and fined $50,000 yesterday. (And I bet he'll feel that fine.)
- Motorcycle death in Stephenville (and the guy had his teenage daughter on the back who was seriously injured.)
- There is a trick to get behind the Star-Telegram paywall, but you have to be quick.
- If I'm reading this correctly, Decatur becomes a 4A school in 2014. Don't panic. Every 3A school becomes a 4A school as the UIL voted to create a "6A" division Monday and do some renaming.
at 8:38 AM