- Weird case in a north Fort Worth neighborhood yesterday afternoon where a cop "ride along" got out of the cop car to chase burglary suspects only to have a neighbor come to his aid and shoot the suspects. The police spokesman said, "What we have here is a mess." Yeah, you sure do.
- Not far away, over on 377 in Keller, a cop was fatally shooting a shoplifting suspect in, of all places, Kohl's.
- "McAllen, Texas (AP) - Three people were found wounded, two fatally, in a vehicle that was fired upon by a Texas state trooper in a helicopter." Whoa!!! How is this story not at the top of the news?
- What's with all the trigger happy police this year?
- I don't know if it is the "perfect storm" but to name it "Frankenstorm," as it is predicted to hit the northeast on Halloween week, is pretty clever.
- Had the Neighbor Cat bust through a window screen to try and get at the Family Cat yesterday evening. Chaos ensued.
- Saw a guy yell at a lady for cutting him off at a gas pump at 287/51 in Decatur. I doubt if I'd ever get that worked up over a couple of minutes.
- The Battle of the Big Sandy doesn't feel like much of a battle this year.
- I wonder if there are any time capsules buried in Wise County that were supposed to be dug up by now but were simply forgotten about.
- I've got to go back to the doctor today to confirm my high blood sugar. Some type of glucose test? I'm not sure I like the way this is sounding.
- But I'm having to "fast". It's not exactly 40 days and 40 nights, but I don't like it.
- Dallas is only a 1.5 point underdog against the Giants? That's a lock bet for the Giants, isn't it?
at 8:33 AM