- "The Scream" painting (bet you can guess what it is) sold at auction for $120 million.
- Me + Jogging = I'm beginning to feel my age.
- For the millionth time, a person possesses methamphetamine not methamphetamines.
- The crazy guy who sexually assaulted the girl in Dallas who was on her way to school was kicked out of Prairieville Baptist Church. They have standards?
- Mrs. LL got a tiny trophy for running a 5K last weekend. I looked up yesterday and saw that it's on our mantel. I think she's doing shtick. I hope.
- I've never heard anything positive about ultra-conservative Tarrant County judge Sharen Wilson. Why doesn't someone run against her?
- College kid sleeping on the couch during a drug raid is told he would be released but instead was placed in a dark cell, handcuffed to a wall, and forgotten for four days. Incredible.
- One of the buyers of the Los Angeles Dodgers, along with Magic Johnson, is Fort Worth resident Bobby Patton. I knew Bobby back when he was a criminal defense lawyer who pretty much earned a living like everyone else. Then in 2005 the Osteopathic Hospital in Fort Worth got foreclosed on and he scrambled and bought it at auction for $6 million (I'm not sure how).One week later he sold it to the University of North Texas for $16 million.
- But there had to be even more windfalls than that in order for him to be part of that buyer's group.
- I've started reading Blackhawk Down. I've never seen the movie. I was hoping for more background but it may be more of a battle intensive book.
- The video of Junior Seau's mom grieving yesterday was really hard to watch.
at 8:32 AM