- New Jersey governor Chris Christie endorsed Mitt Romney yesterday. Someone needs to tell Christie that rumors of his influence are greatly exaggerated. New Jersey endorsing Massachusetts doesn't mean that much to the rest of the country.
- And what's up with this Republican divide? The Rush Limbaugh hardliners and the Tea Party don't think Romney is conservative enough but they can't find a candidate to compete with him. They fear the situation is going to become John McCain 2.0.
- Note to Family Pup in the middle of the night: It's lightening. It's thunder. You've seen it before. It is not going to come through the door and attack you.
- Two weeks ago, everyone thought the Rangers had the strongest pitching staff in the American League. Now you fear a train wreck no matter who they roll out there.
- The guy that got "hit" by Josh Hamilton's bat last night (photo 26) acted like someone had just blown off the back of his head with a shotgun. Man up. Edit: Video. Edit #2: Funny!
- Motorcycle death of Trophy Club elementary school teacher yesterday.
- The object of my youthful crush, Deborah Foreman, is 49 today.
- I don't think I've ever had a flu shot.
- One time Sarah Palin replacement Michelle Bachmann is crazy. Not only did she say she had spent "most of her life in the private sector" at the debate last night (huge lie), she also said of Herman Cain's 9-9-9 plan: "[W]hen you take the 9-9-9 plan and turn it upside down, I think the devil's in the details." Really?
- Everyone is counting Rick Perry out but it's still early. If he'll just plug along, he still has a chance. Front runners in October aren't normally front runners in March. It sounds crazy now but politics are crazy.
- My skeptical meter went off yesterday when I heard the news that Iran was behind a plan to assassinate the Saudi ambassador on U.S. soil by recruiting a Mexican drug cartel. I smell the Politics of Fear.
- My Softball Team lost 10-6 to basically a team of Select players last night. That score is very, very deceiving. Their starting pitcher, who they pulled after they quickly went up 10-1, struck out 7 of our first 9 batters.
- And she had this weird slap-her-thigh on the wind up and slap-her-thigh on the release. It was hypnotic.
at 8:36 AM