- Your Texas Rangers better get their act together.
- Anyone else now share my opinion on how unlikable C.J. Wilson is? He called himself a pitching "novice" after his second straight playoff meltdown yesterday. And to think someone will give him at least $80 million in the next three months.
- And you feel good about rolling out Derek Holland for Game Six on Saturday? Sheesh. My big sports brain would start Alexi Ogando.
- WBAP morning newsman Brian Estridge said this morning that he had never heard the act of putting on makeup as "putting my face on."
- Let me say this for the millionth time: No one is ever arrested on "suspicion" of a crime. (i.e. the Walmart heiress being arrested on "suspicion of DWI".) A cop can initially detain, but not arrest, someone because of a "reasonable suspicion." Arrests must be based upon "probable cause."
- Note to those who showed up at DFW Airport to meet the Ranger plane last night: Do you care that much about people who are actually a part of your life?
- I haven't heard of hardly any cases in Texas involving the so-called "Castle Doctrine" which went into effect in 2007. That law eliminated the "duty to retreat" before using deadly force in one's home. Regardless of the law, Texas never, in practical application, had a "duty to retreat" rule. Killing someone who breaks into your home isn't exactly the kind of act which will get you indicted around here.
- The dead guy in the bizarre Keller case was named "Gregory Williams" with a date of birth of 3/24/1971. I haven't heard any background on him yet, though.
- Tony Romo said yesterday "This team is going to win a Super Bowl at some point." What the heck does that mean? "This team"?
- Count the number of organizations trying to raise money this weekend in the Update.
at 8:31 AM