- Big news this morning that the "public face" of al qaeda, Anwar al-Awlaki, was killed after a secret operation in Yemen. He was born, by the way, in that hotbed of terrorism: New Mexico, U.S.A.
- I had never heard of him.
- Humbling experience last night with the Softball Team. After an inning an a half, my pitcher's wheels had fallen off, and we also went an unusual three-up/three-down at the plate. The scoreboard read 10-0. Who came up with that saying, "All responsibility lands at the feet of the coach"?
- Mrs. LL didn't get to see the game meltdown because an officer of the law was questioning her driving a quarter mile away. (No ticket. Amazing.)
- President Obama is coming to Dallas next week and will deliver a speech at Eastfield College. Wait. Eastfield College? If we could have had the Wise County campus of Weatherford College finished by now, we could have hosted that gig.
- A 4:07 start time for the Rangers today will be used as an excuse for a lot of people to sneak off from work.
- Tons of people in Arlington this weekend. In addition to two Rangers playoffs games, the Aggies and Razorbacks play at the Death Star on Saturday, and the Cowboys have a home game on Sunday.
- So why did the Decatur Eagles play a home game on a Thursday night? I understand playing one on the road against a school that has to share its home stadium with other schools, but a home game here?
- Houston cops allegedly eat marijuana brownies, on purpose, after a drug bust. Awesome.
- That lightening storm last night was brief, but it was a big time show. (Great picture of downtown Dallas last night.)
- Rangers pitcher C.J. Wilson is absolutely unlikable. I challenge you to listen to one extended interview with him and come away thinking, "He's a really solid, down-to-earth guy."
- I have no memory of Christina McLarty who used to work for Channel 11 News, who married the Girls Gone Wild guy, and is now dating David Arquette. But she sounds like a funster.
- The Wise County wreck victim from yesterday died. But what an unusual first name: Juanathan
- Wichita Falls had a drug bust this weekend which led to 40 arrests. All the mugshots are in one place. I don't believe for one second that the demographic breakdown of drug users in Wichita Falls matches that composite.
at 8:37 AM