- Two boats, carrying eight kids, collided on Lake Lewisville on Sunday. Odd: Both were rentals, alcohol was not involved, and everyone had their life jackets on. I've never been on that lake, but I've heard it's crazy dangerous on weekend afternoons.
- And what was up with that sultry look from a Redskins cheerleader last night?
- I know no one probably reads him, but Star-Telegram "sports humorist" David Thomas is anything but.
- The VMAs were on last night and I didn't see a second of them. Whose bright idea was to put it on opposite of the NFL on opening weekend?
- Lot's of emergency vehicles just off College Street in Decatur this morning.
- I thought that Tony Romo lateral to the wide receiver that ended up with a fumble and a touchdown right before the half was improvised. But apparently it was a called play. Dumb.
- I've said it for two years: The Cowboys will never win with Wade Phillips as the head coach.
- TCU begins as a 17 point favorite over Baylor on Saturday. The Empire is a 7 1/2 point favorite over Tech (who wore white helmets last weekend?)
- Weird dream last night: I lived in a high rise condo on Lake Bridgeport at the end of a dirt road that was closed due to bad weather. When I finally made it there, Britney Spears was made at me for not asking her out. Yeah, that's normal.
- Another ceiling fan installed (although it was a little dicey when the little dog knocked over a king size
- mattress that I had balanced on one end and it crashed into the ladder I was standing on. How it didn't go down is a miracle.)
- "But I’m also respectful that people of different faiths can practice their religion, even if they don't subscribe to the exact same notions that I do, and that they are still good people, and they are my neighbors and they are my friends, and they are fighting alongside us in our battles." - President Obama at last week's press conference (and to think their are people that will actually criticize him for that.)
- Odd DWI accident last night in Dallas: Two homeless guys sleeping at a bus stop get killed when a car plows into them.
- Watched the NFL RedZone this weekend. I can't tell you enough how great it is.
at 8:29 AM