- Tech fans plan to be silent when The Evil Empire enters the field on Saturday night as an intimidation ploy. That would probably work if you could convince tens of thousands of hyped up fans to shut up. Not gonna happen.
- A chat with Decatur guy that came in second on Big Brother. (I didn't read it.)
- The rumor is that the Black Eyed Peas would be the halftime performers at the Super Bowl in Arlington. Big thumbs up.
- Lady says she has acid thrown into her face and becomes a Celebrity Victim. Now she says the injuries were self inflicted, but no one knows why. Uh, weird. (I would be mad at her but she's the one with the acid scarred face.)
- I just had a 12 year old do a rap about Reese's Puffs cereal here at the breakfast table. "You put the milk on em. They taste like chocolate."
- If you didn't know the difference, you'd think Bill White was running as a Republican based on his commercials.
- At 1:00 p.m. in downtown Chico on Saturday there will be a public reading of the Constitution. (Per Update.) The reading of the Bible all the way through is a good idea too until you get to those "begat" passages.
- There was a murder/suicide at Johns Hopkins Hospital and in Lewisville yesterday and in both locations cops sent in a robot to determine if the shooter was dead.
- There sure were a lot of people jump on me yesterday supporting the life without parole sentence for the Deaf Defendant. Hey, the sentence may be justified but can you really have that opinion without knowing the facts of the case?
- The littlest girl in the house exclaimed, "There must be a million news shows on TV." Probably need to throw on the Disney Channel every now and then.
- Speaking of murder/suicide, the shocking final report of the Coppell mayor who shot her daughter and then herself was released. The shooting of the daughter occurred early in the morning, and then the mayor/mother ran errands the rest of the day and didn't kill herself until at least 14 hours later.
- You can ride in a balloon at the Plano Hot Air Balloon Festival this weekend. Cost: $250 per person.
- When I was the DA, I'm proud to say I never texted a victim: "Are you the kind of girl that likes secret contact with an older married elected DA … the riskier the better?” But this guy did.
- Prosecutors always refer to themselves as "wearing the white hat."
at 8:34 AM