- That's new Britney Spears up there. Man, the girl has made a heck of a comeback.
- I've never stolen anything from a store.
- I did look down in my shopping cart in the parking lot one time and saw a bar of deodorant that I didn't scan through the self check out line. That felt like stealing.
- I recently went in the Dublin Sports Bar (or something like that) right by Posadas restaurant off Western Center. Verdict: Festive. Wheels off crowd. Waitresses in school girl skirts.
- Tense read: A Houston prosecutor who had his own silly little blog is given the pink slip and writes about the day.
- Last weekend, that crazy Silicone Alley wrote that she visited a girlfriend in Houston, went to the Galleria, and saw her purchase a pair of $700 shoes. There should be a verse in the Bible calling that an "abomination."
- I got hired over the phone a few months back by an out-of-state college student on a misdemeanor charge. I worked the case out very favorably, and she's coming into town today to sign off on the plea bargain. It's very weird to meet a client for the first time on the last day that I'll represent her.
- Baylor snuck into the Top 25 Basketball AP Poll. As much as I want to care, I don't.
- The Ozzie Osborne commercial where he has to text what he is saying is very funny. (Never mind how he knows the number of the folks he's trying to talk to.)
- I've never seen Blade Runner.
- I doubt if I'll put a Christmas tree up this year. I rarely do.
- At some point as a teenager, and I don't remember the specifics, but I was disappointed about an event that I had look forward to for weeks. Ever since that time, I refuse to get excited about anything in the future.I call it my "Rule Of Low Expectations."
- I recently learned that modern day Catholic confessions occur face to face with a priest and not in a booth. No way I'm doing that.
- I really don't know much about Dallas Star Sean Avery, but he was suspended yesterday by the NHL for comments he made about another NHL player who is dating his former girlfriend. He said, "I am really happy to be back in Calgary, I love Canada. I just want to comment on how it's become like a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my sloppy [word deleted for a reason I'm not sure about.]" The funny part is how the local news media is handling the comment. The Ticket rolled with it and quotes him directly. Most TV media won't go that far. Fox 4 inserted the word "[former girlfriend]" for the offending words. Edit: Video
- The "big" news yesterday was that the U.S. "warned" India of the terrorists attacks that occured last week. I bet the U.S. warns every nation every day of potential terrorists attacks.
- I found a 1979 edition of Dave Campbell's Texas Football. When I get time, I'll scan the blurb about the Bridgeport and Decatur High school prospects. The names will be very familiar to the local crowd.
- If Chuck Norris used a folder as a weapon, this would happen. (Please watch that video. Gold.)
at 7:04 AM