- I thought about the old Garcia's restaurant in Decatur yesterday. Good salsa.I miss that.
- I saw KSCS's Terry Dorsey there once
- McCain's wheels fell off in Pennsylvania yesterday - and I absolutely love watching his wife's expression in this 36 second clip.
- Charlie Brown's The Great Pumpkin was weird.
- Regarding the plot to kill Obama, I bet stuff like that drives the not-crazy-Republicans crazy. Kind of one of those, "Guys, we're trying to win an election here, and you aren't helping" things.
- I still haven't turned my home heater on. I like waking up in the middle of the night in a warm bed but in a cold room. (But it's getting close.)
- Those that see things only in black or white haven't hung out with folks in the middle very often. It'll make the world a little grey afterwards.
- A pink stripe was painted down Main Street by the courthouse in Decatur on Friday in honor of the fight against breast cancer. But it's off center and is bound to cause traffic confusion.
- The Federal Reserve is expected to cut the Fed Funds rate to 1% today. (I'm not really sure what that means but it makes me sound smart to write it.) But this did occur to me: They are running out of room for any more cuts.
- Of all the talk show hosts, Sean Hannity is the dumbest.
- Good news for us bumpkins: I've noticed that the local lawyers at least know how to dress for court. Yesterday I saw the out of town folks looking darn near homeless: One without a jacket (incredible), one with his tie hitting him about halfway up his protruding belly (drives me nuts), and another with a jack/pant combo that wasn't worthy of Bill's Dollar Store.
- At one point during the UT/OSU game last week, Colt McCoy was 25 of 27. That's insane.
- Barnett Shale fun fact: "Each rig . . . directly employs about 20 workers and at least that many in related services, such as truck drivers and site-preparation workers . . . ." I was actually curious about that.
- Bridgeport's name appears to be listed on local news weather maps more than Decatur's.
- And Bridgeport got a huge shout out on The Ticket this morning for hitting 27 degrees at 7:19 a.m.
- They are having trouble selling out the NASCAR race this weekend at the Speedway. I just can't get interested.
- Not a fan of the Saw movies.
- I was moaning the other day about T. Boone Pickens and his propensity to throw money at the Oklahoma State football program the other day, but he's doing it again: Another $63 million.
at 6:43 AM