- Founder of Liberty Christian School in Argyle motorcycle death.
- Mrs. LL was explaining the meaning of the word "shrubbery" to the Fifth Grader in The House last night. I thought she was trying to explain "chivalry". Confusion ensued.
- Sports: (1) Sean Salisbury was on Fox 4 last night and looked to be in poor health -- or drunk, (2) I'm very nervous about Baylor - look up the San Jose State game in 1980 - but I relax by looking at these Baylor gifs. The one of Antonio Banderas realizing Baylor is in the Top Ten was absolutely me on Sunday if I just happen to look like Antonio Banderas, (3) the Grambling State players boycotting last week's game is a bizarre story, (4) Saturday's Texas vs. TCU sure doesn't have the luster we thought it would, (5) I told you to bet the house that the Cowboys would win eight games or less. Sheesh. Make no mistake about it: They are horrible. I just had no idea the rest of the NFC East would be worse than horrible. (6) Peter King's segment on The Ticket is a cure for insomnia. (7) Three Houston Texan rookies were released after being found to be smoking weed in a hotel. What year is this?
- Mrs. LL and I caught most of Closer last night. Still one of my favorite movies.
- The movie that I thought was so funny over the weekend was called Drop Dead Gorgeous. Am I on an island of appreciation on this one? But look at this cast!: Kirsten Dunst, Ellen Barkin, Denise Richards, Kirstie Alley, Sam McMurray (the Raising Arizona guy), Amy Adams, Brittany Murphy, Adam West (Batman!!!), and more.
- Money Pit Update: The front door lock jammed last night. Absolutely wouldn't open. (And that's the one that was replaced three months ago.)
- And we might have learned that Conn's has the worst customer service in the history of ever.
- I finally watched the 60 Minutes segment on Dick Cheney. (1) Has there ever been a more arrogant man on the planet? (2) And his response when asked about a doctor giving him an obviously fraudulent clean bill of health to be the Vice President: "Well, I'm not responsible for that". A perfect epithet. (3) Is there any question he pushed George W around?, (4) And I wondered for about two seconds how he could afford all the health care he received. That was dumb: Halliburton War Money.
- Had an elderly gentleman look at me in a checkout line yesterday and say, "I wish my wife would let me cut my hair like yours." I have no idea what to say. I could only mutter, "Just do it." He replied with, "You don't know my wife." I left with a question mark over my head.
- I was by myself briefly last night and the back door came open after I went out the front for a second (before the lock malfunctioned, by the way). When I came back in and saw the back door opened I worried about where The Family Cat was. An hour later when the Family Unit came home the Sophomore in The House yelled, "The cat's outside!" I slumped in my chair. I didn't get away with it.
at 8:41 AM