- Big wreck on 287 in Rhome this morning. Car on its side. Pickup with front end damage. I saw two cops at the scene and then (count 'em . . . ) three ambulances, two firetrucks, and two cop cars heading that direction. I know
one person wastwo people were transported to Harris and the other to Cook's. (On the scanner I also heard "we'll need JPS at this location." It didn't sound like "JP" which means Justice of the Peace which means there's a death.) Edit: There is a death.
- And good luck getting to downtown Fort Worth in a hurry at 7:45 in the morning. Ain't gonna happen.
- During the middle of it, the scanner also called for an ambulance to got to Newark due to a medical emergency. Some 37 year old lady had called 911 due to an "infected tooth." Lady, don't call 911. Call a dentist.
- Big win for Romney in Florida last night with almost half the vote. However, if Florida is a cross-section of America, America wants nothing to do with a conservative. But of all people to send to battle the President, they choose a white rich man who is a "former liberal."
- Mrs. LL spent five minutes telling me about how she made a free throw at the gym. (Now believes she is Britney Griner.)
- Muscled Georgia cheerleader doesn't do it for me.
- Bridgeport's Danny Henson interviewed but came in second for the Denton High head coaching job. Is that the first time we've ever officially confirmed he was job hunting?
- It's the nerdiest day in college football today: National Signing Day. I still remember over 20 years ago when some Dallas Carter kid announced which school he was attending at a new conference from a hot tub.
- I'll admit that I looked up at the TV during Glee last night when a Michael Jackson performance was ongoing. But how could they not do "the lean" during Smooth Criminal? (And I realize I just complained about the choreography on Glee.)
- Belated comment: I agree with Jon Stewart on Michelle Obama's in-the-gallery-reaction to the President's failed "spilled milk" joke during the State of the Union. She had a look of, "I tried to tell you that wasn't funny."
- If you use Pfizer birth control pills, you might want to know that the company just issued a recall because a huge batch might cause "unintended pregnancy". Oh, my.
- Weather talk is boring but, man, these temperatures are bizarre.
- They finally put down the dogs that mauled the little boy in Fort Worth earlier this week. I'm not sure why it took 36 hours.
at 8:22 AM