- ERATH COUNTY (CBSDFW.COM) – A 35-year-old man shot and killed his 3-year-old grandson before turning the gun on himself after becoming enraged on how his 15-year-old daughter was raising her child. Good grief (on so many levels).
- I saw there was a new TV series on NBC based upon John Grisham's "The Firm." And Fox has a new animated series based upon "Napoleon Dynamite." They are out of new ideas, aren't they?
- There were two babies that get the honor of being the first baby born in 2012. Both have Hispanic surnames. Have I preached politics and demographics before?
- Told ya the Cowboys wouldn't win.
- I couldn't believe that Jason Garrett began his press conference with "the process", "look at the tape" and "get better." Those Cowboy fans want to hear something different. It's like the polar opposite of Tony Romo's "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me" remarks from a couple of years ago, but equally frustrating.
- Mrs. LL got a little sick last night. I then got to proclaim to the Kids In The House that I just cooked them the best frozen pizza they ever had. (And it might have been since I checked it every 15 seconds.)
- Owner of Dallas Ghostbar found dead of apparent suicide. There are a ton of jokes about how the Ghostbar could prompt one to suicide but they would all be inappropriate.
- There's something oddly hypnotic of watching CSPAN's weekend coverage of presidential campaigns. They'll follow a candidate at a campaign stop, commercial free, and without commentary. Weirdly, you get to listen to all the small talk and handshaking. This weekend I got about 15 minutes of Mitt Ronmey's wife stopping by a coffee shop. What a beating she was going through.
- These holidays after holidays are weird.
at 9:47 AM