- Dallas motorcycle death over the weekend. This one involved an off-duty police officer and, as we see all the time, it happened by wrecking and falling from an overpass.
- If you are a Cowboys fan and an Aggie fan, you've experienced a lifetime of last second collapses this season.
- Did Cowboys defensive cooridinator Rod Ryan swallow another beach ball?
- Heard this morning that when Jerry Jones is shown in his suite, everyone is focusing on his over-reacting grandkid. He's been named "Spalding" by the Twitterworld in honor of the Caddyshack character. (Here's an image of them.)
- Jones almost opened the roof last night but decided against it due to the threat of rain. It's been opened twice for games in its history -- both night games. Someone has speculated that it will never be opened during the day because the sun and big screen don't mix. I believe that.
- A howling dog ruined any chance of sleep for me last night.
- The Star-Telegram reported on Friday that the EPA planned to designate Wise County as "a nonattainment area for failing to meet federal ozone." I've yet to see anyone explain what the consequences of that designation are.
- Joe Paterno broke his pelvis over the weekend. There has been lots of speculation that he continued to coach because he feared his health would deteriorate if he didn't. He remembers Bear Bryant dying four weeks after announcing his retirement in the early 1980s.
- I was really "off the grid" this weekend.
- I woke up one morning to find a long note from Mrs. LL that she was testing a project to protect the Christmas tree from the cat. I then noticed long strips of tape, placed upside down, around the base of the tree. Then the note said it didn't work and, "The cat is in the garage." I then looked up and saw the cat walk past me toward the tree. That girl ain't right.
- Conservatives have been attacking the declining unemployment rate claiming "It doesn't include people that have given up looking for work." True, but that's the way it always has been calculated so the number is what the number is.
- The Third Grader In The House has taken up "Cup Stacking" complete with a mat with a built in timer.
- The Republican contenders all ganged up on Newt during Saturday's debate. They could be a science project of how they all devour whoever amongst them rises to the top.
at 8:39 AM