- A senior Aggie football player was killed yesterday in a traffic accident. Earlier in the day, Joey Villavisencio and other teammates had handed out gifts to families in need at Twin City Mission in Bryan. He then headed home for Christmas.
- That made me tear up just to type it.
- We had to have the Family Christmas early this year and it was last night. I'm now not as against that concept as I thought I would be.
- I looked at the iPod section in a Best Buy yesterday. If the store had been looted in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina, there would have been more stuff still on the shelves.
- Someone commented yesterday that I had a double standard for being critical of the Palo Pinto Sheriff for killing the 21 year old but I hadn't said a word about President Obama authorizing the killing of a U.S. citizen in Yemen in October as part of the War On Terror. Oh, but I did (and got criticized by someone suggesting I was defending a "towel head".)
- Not to say I don't have double standards. I do.
- I was in a car last weekend with someone who used OnStar to find a fast food restaurant. Those OnStar operators have to have a 100% "always be professional no matter what the question is" policy.
- There's no way I would have done that.
- Bush The First endorsed Mitt Romney yesterday. I think that entire Bush family cannot stand the Perry clan.
- First Baptist Dallas Pastor Robert Jeffress is one the cover of D Magazine this month and that's one great cover. (The first pic is the one they went with.)
- I've got to go to the jail today to visit a couple of people. They need a little encouragement at this time of year.
- Things I don't understand from this week: (1)The mass of people who showed up at Dallas City Hall to see Khloe Kardashian, (2) and the "thousands" who lined up in the metroplex last night to buy $195 Air Jordans.
- A handful of potential NFL first round picks are deciding whether to enter the draft or return to college for their senior year. At that age, I would have gone pro in a New York minute if faced with that decision. However, knowing what I know now, I would absolutely return for my Senior year. (And I bet Vince Young would agree with me.)
- WBAP's Hal Jay said this morning that USC's Matt Barkley, who said yesterday he was returning to USC for his final year despite being projected as a top five pick, had made a "stupid decision" and was "getting bad advice." Think I was banging the dash with my fist at that point?
- The sound of nothing is more Christmassee than the sound of Christsmas songs.
- There is no Update today. But there are Random Thoughts. And to think they won their own contest for "Best Wise County Blog" when I'm the hardest working man in show business. I may go Occupy the sidewalk outside their office.
at 8:36 AM