- Muammar Gaddafi was reportedly captured this morning and then came reports that he was dead. I've never heard so many U.S. media outlets "confirm" the report but with caveats. Here's the first picture of his capture -- I mean, it might be authentic.
- Edit: Yep. Dead. Finally some justice for the attempted murder of Doc Brown in 1985 in the parking lot of the Twin Pines Mall.
- Rick Perry gave a speech yesterday and ended it with a (forced) "Let's Roll!" Who is advising this guy?
- And Perry will throw a Hail Mary next week by proposing a flat tax system. If you are in the lower half of income earners, I bet the flat tax would cost you more.
- The obituary of the young Paradise girl says she was an organ donor that has "helped save 12 other lives".
- Another interesting note from the obituary: "The family has requested casual dress for Ashlie’s friends at the funeral, particularly camouflage." Someone will know the story behind that.
- Baylor's women's basketball coach on whether they will continue to play the Aggies: "If a man wants to divorce me and says our relationship has no value to him, and then he asks me if he can sleep with me, the answer is, 'No,'" Kim Mulkey said. "We're not going to play them any more because they decided that playing us was not important to them."
- After the exotic animal escape yesterday, I threw out a "Could it happen here?" post. Well so did WFAA who not only mentioned the sanctuary in Boyd but the one in Bridgeport as well which holds 35 tigers.
- World Series notes: I didn't know that a foul on an attempted bunt with two strikes counts as an out. I did know that a ball can hit foul territory and still end up fair.
- I present a "Hey, Now" acceptable to both genders (or, I guess, orientation.) It's somebody named Joe Manganiello and female companion.
- Eight people, most under 30 years old, were arrested in another drug roundup yesterday in the metroplex. The new U.S. Attorney used it for publicity and commended the "DEA, the Fort Worth Police Department, the Tarrant County district attorney's office narcotics unit, the Internal Revenue Service -- criminal investigation, the Parker County Sheriff's Office and the North Richland Hills Police Department." Sheesh. How much tax money has been spent, and will be spent, on this?
- Anyone ever been to the Alliance Air Show? (It's free but parking is $20). Is there any reason to go on the grounds? Wouldn't some people just sit in the Bass Pro Shop parking lot?
- A Wichita Falls bail bondsman was arrested on child sexual assault charges. If there's any alleged offense we need to withhold judgment on, it's that kind. Remember the Watauga dentist from a few years back?
at 8:37 AM