- "Winds estimated at 60 to 70 mph overturned several recreational vehicles at the Smith RV Center on U.S. 287 in Decatur and uprooted trees, according to the Wise County Sheriff's Department. The night before, strong winds blew down signs at Braum's and Taco Bell in Decatur." Source.
- "Wise County Fire Marshal Marc Dodd said lightning struck and ignited an oil tank battery, but it was quickly extinguished. He said reported winds as high as 70 mph toppled four recreational vehicles in a Decatur lot, blew two mobile homes from their foundations and smashed some lightly built sheds and barns. No injuries were reported." Source.
- And another guy smashes into a police car. (This time a bit closer to us in Westlake.) What is that? The fifth time?
- The Family Cat has now decided that running from one end of the house at a speed which might possibly break the sound barrier is a good way to spend the day.
- The Star-Telegram laid off even more employees yesterday. This time the number is 45.
- Funny tweet I saw yesterday: "Obama's got 99 problems but Common ain't one."
- The Granbury murder trial went to the jury yesterday. No verdict, but they come back this morning. Man, that evidence seems weak. (And what's the connection? One of the victims is the sister of a Wise County officer?) I had heard that some local officers had been sitting in on some of the trial.
- There will be another DNA exoneration announced in Dallas today. No biggee. He just spent 27 years in prison! I'll say it again: If you ever serve on a criminal jury, don't be afraid to tell the prosecution that they failed to prove their case to your satisfaction.
- Going to Waco for a college graduation this weekend. Time seems to be moving at rocket speed.
- Newt Gingrich has announced he will run for president. Good luck with all that. He stands about as much chance as Herman Cain (who America has never heard of despite the claims of Obama haters.)
- My entire front flower bed is being uprooted today and a complete make over begins. Something about how a "clean" look is "in" per Mrs. LL. (Need to get those home improvement channels removed from the programming package.)
at 8:32 AM