- So we went to the Dallas Arboretum on Friday -- my first time to ever go there. Verdict: Beautiful place situated right along White Rock Lake. You'll never see so many tulips in one place.
- But combine beautiful weather, spring break, and an art show on the premises, and you've got traffic Armageddon. We ended up having to use a shuttle about a half mile away. (But it wasn't as big of a beating as you would think.)
- For lunch we went to go to -- get this -- Crystal's Pizza. I used to go to the on in Fort Worth all the time as a kid, and I had noticed the one along 183 in Irving. It was just like I remembered, and that might have been because the video games and the carpet look like they hadn't been replaced in a couple of decades.
- A great portion of Saturday was dedicated to digging a hole for a weeping willow tree. Clay soil and rocks made that a joy. (And I fear death for the tree.)
- Charlie Sheen putting on a show at the American Airlines show in Dallas is ridiculous.
- AT&T buying T-Mobile for $39 billion is mind blowing.
- As to the bombing of Libya, is there some secret and arbitrary list of "acceptable" and "unacceptable" leaders in the world that we don't know about?
- And I've had Dr. Emmit Brown's voice from Back to the Future in my head all weekend saying, "Marty! It's the Libyans!"
- Tiger Woods has a 22 year old girlfriend.
- The end of the Texas game yesterday was a disaster for them. Who know you couldn't call time out when throwing the ball in when the referee's count got to four. Edit: Seth Davis said that was the rule on TNT but later retracted it.
- The standings for the Liberally Lean Tourney sponsored by Mark "The Decatur Hammer" Howell and myself are here. (Funny: "Triple Fake LL Family Cat" is in second place.)
- Trying to teach the younger kid in the house how to bat when she suddenly went from hitting little dribblers to almost taking my head off with a line drive. Her laugh was more one of fear than humor.
- I got confronted by the Neighbor Boys and their big brother on the street. Thankfully, the older brother had some common sense and decency about him. (When I asked the littlest hellion what he had done with our ball that had gone over the fence he said, "We took it inside and the next morning when we woke up it was gone.")
at 8:21 AM