- We've got friends coming over today and nothing - I mean nothing - causes a massive housecleaning more than having people over.
- So the Family Cat That I Hate has a urinary tract infection which caused her to act extra nutty over the past few days. And vets don't work for free. Ugh.
- If you walk outside, you'll detect the faint scent of smoke. I heard on the news that it's due to fires in Oklahoma.
- Speaking of fires, there were about 10 small fires along 287 between Rhome and Decatur yesterday. But none of them were more than 30 yards long. Weird.
- Crazy Dallas Mayor Dwaine Caraway fought like crazy to prevent the release of the police tape of his conversation with an officer that responded to his home back in January. We finally heard it yesterday. Turns out he was just trying to keep the metroplex from learning that his wife can act a little nutty.
- Speaking of, it's Mrs. LL's birthday.
- One thing I didn't expect to hear from her last Friday: "Would you cut up my chicken fried steak for me?"
- The Wise County Grand Jury met yesterday and there sure looked like an unusual number of civilian witnesses going in and out of the room. I bet something high profile is going on.
- That silly Rebecca Black's "Friday, Friday" song now has 42 million hits.
- I loved the "Opulence, I Has It" commercial and didn't realize there was a new one. (Which isn't nearly as funny with the exception of a tiny giraffe on a golden treadmill in the corner of the screen. Screenshot.)
- I'm pretty sure the Cowboys are on "Idiot Alert" when it comes to Dez Bryant.
- Fox 4 blew it this morning. In the 5:00 hour, there was crazy footage of the cab of an 18 wheeler dangling over I-35 on the I-20 overpass in south Fort Worth. (Photo). Fox 4 reported from the scene that the driver and two other occupants had been rescued earlier When I flipped over to Channel 5 at 5:28 a.m when Fox went to a commercial., they had a live shot of the driver dramatically being pulled out of the cab.
- When I flipped back to Fox 4, they were doing a live shot and still reporting that the occupants had been saved much earlier.
- All the Liz Taylor talk yesterday made me want to see the movie Giant.
- The bombing of Libya makes no more sense today than it did on Saturday.
- Somebody at the Dallas Morning News really liked Elizabeth Taylor:
at 8:21 AM