- There was a report yesterday that the Dallas Morning News was on the verge of charging for its online content. (And I noticed the Waco paper has given official notice that it was going to do so.) That will not work.
- Extreme parking fail.
- Hurricane Earl is in no hurry. And, although it's now huge, I'm predicting it turns out to be nothing.
- The Hangover continues to be funny. Just might be a comedy classic.
- The Ticket made reference to some kid sensation on the Internet named "Fred". I have no idea who that is (and I spend a lot of time on the Internet.)
- I changed a brake light and a license plate light last night. Trust me, that's an accomplishment.
- Mark Cuban was back on Entourage this week -- sandwiched in between a couple of scenes of shocking language. I wonder if the NBA had any issues with him doing the show? (That show is full of shock value.)
- Had a guy approach me at a gas station on Sunday holding a gas can and asking for a dollar for gas. (I truly didn't have one --- I'm cashless). But I'm mad I wasn't smart enough to tell him I'd be glad to fill up his container once my car was full. (I watched him a while longer and began to think he was scamming people.)
- I'm looking forward to my Saturday early morning run: It's a three day weekend, the official start of college football, and temperatures in the 60s. Good times.
- Upset alert: Texas Tech might want to be careful with SMU on Sunday.
- The woman found dead along 183 has been identified. Just. Gets. Weirder. The attractive mother of two from Watauga (photo in link) was seen on video footage walking towards the highway and seems to intentional abandon her purse when a cop drives by.
- Jennifer Grey, most famous for Dirty Dancing, will be on Dancing With The Stars. Check out these "before and after" pics that highlight her nose job from several years back.
at 8:22 AM