- It's Friday. It's a three day weekend. It's the opening week of college football. A cool front has blown through and it may be in the upper 50s tomorrow morning to compliment this morning's 70. Everybody happy?
- Bad texting Fort Worth bailiff.
- I'm writing this sentence at 6:00 a.m. and I think I hear someone practicing the flute. What?
- The media's coverage of your typical spare hurricane goes from intense to apathetic the moment it hits.
- The new national unemployment rate was announced this morning: Went from 9.5% to 9.6%. Is it ever going to start coming down?
- A "jayhawk" is a mythical bird? I would have sworn I heard people point them out to me when I was a kid.
- Great moment in the Pitt/Utah game last night: Coach tries the stupid call-timeout-the-second-before-opposing-kicker-attempts-a-field-goal trick only to see the kick sail off to the right and be no good as the ref calls the play dead. The kicker's do over sailed through the uprights.
- Old guy/young guy New Yorker fight in the stands of the U.S. Open. Waiting for it is half the fun.
- Had the always uncomfortable moment yesterday when I was recognized by an old high school friend outside of Wise County and drew a blank when I looked at her. (I'm awful about that.) I issued my standard response of, "I'm sorry. Help me." She did and my memories came rushing back.
- More bad Fort Worth PD: An officer was fired over excessive force in an incident that no one had ever heard of. (When I saw the headline, I expected it to be the cop that face planted the handcuffed guy in the jail a couple of weeks ago.)
- Mormon porn?
- Didn't watch a second of the Cowboys' preseason game last night.
- How many would have bet that 10 years after 9/11 that Ground Zero would remain vacant?
- Fox and Friends resident simpleton, Brian Kilmeade, is in Texas this morning playing with former President Bush. Fair and balanced.
at 8:23 AM