- Whale attacks boat. (I wouldn't believe this photo, but it certainly is being accepted as real by every news organization.)
- The Irving mom who killed her two kids gave an explanation why she did it on her 911 call. I don't know if she is evil or as crazy as a bat.
- Anyone know of anyone that can replace a section of underlying flooring in a pier and beam house? Like for money?
- I don't have any trouble with Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich not taking the stand in his bribery trial, but his lawyer might want to take back "point[ing] dramatically to his client across the courtroom and pledged to jurors he'd take the stand" during opening statements.
- I was under a house yesterday. It's been a long time since I had done that.
- Jessica and Ashley Hart in bikinis. Who are they? Don't know.
- In the Texas Rangers bankruptcy court today,
GeneralManager Ron Washington will testify. Uh, why?
- Greg Williams and Richie Whitt on The Fan yesterday (great show by the way), were talking about the crazy last meal that a prisoner executed in Texas this week ordered. But I can't find the story online anywhere.
- The Ticket's Gordon Keith ran into writer Stephen King while in Boston. (Pic.) I've never been a fan of King's books (other than Different Seasons which contained four novellas - three of which became movies.)
- Five horrific X Games crashes (and I don't watch the X Games.)
- Extended unemployment benefits (now available for two years) were reinstated by Congress this week and they will also be retroactive back to the first week of June when they were suspended. That's a pretty big check. Unless you're unemployed.
- Since adults are having trouble finding jobs, how in the world does a teenager find a summer job? Is that even possible anymore?
- Everyone predicted the exodus of Texas Tech fans after the firing of Mike Leach. But yesterday they announced they set a record in season ticket sales.
at 8:19 AM