- That was quick: The widow of the guy killed in the IRS building is suing the wife of the nutcase pilot that caused it. Wait. Suing the wife?
- I think I saw a 16 year old figure skater at the Olympics last night who ended up with a bleeding nose after her performance.
- Decatur cowboy Trevor Brazile gets a one page feature in the March issue of Texas Monthly. (p. 28)
- You would think that Dick Cheney's many heart scares would make him simply sit back and enjoy life instead of being a perpetual curmudgeon.
- Fox 4 News dedicating segments to American Idol drives me a little nuts.
- Has the tattoo fad ended? On vacation last year at the beach I began to notice some middle aged folks who obviously had the ink idea many years ago.
- A couple of folks at the courthouse have called me Broken Wing this week due to my healing shoulder injury. When they do that, I have an old song from the one hit wonder band of Mister, Mister stick in my brain for the rest of the day.
- Speaking of the shoulder injury, I got the total bill submitted to my insurance company yesterday. That'll be it's own post later. Feel free to guess how much it costs to spend three hours in the emergency room, have your shoulder placed back into socket, get an IV, get x-rays, and walk out with a velcro ladened shoulder brace.
- Edit to the above: As a couple of astute commenters pointed out, the bill is for the hospital only. I guess I'll get a bill from the doctor. But I'll get a bill from the x-ray technician, too?
- I've got the Fort Worth Half Marathon this weekend. As always, I just want to finish and not walk any portion of it.
- The bottom of my garbage disposal started leaking. I replaced one once, but it's not on the top of my list of fun things to do.
- I've got The Hurt Locker arriving from Netflix either today or tomorrow.
at 8:21 AM